Monday, October 13, 2008

Maycee Kissed a Boy

Yesterday started out quiet. Maddie and Guy went fishing and Maycee and I went to get a birthday present for a little boy in her preschool class.

When Maddie and Guy got home from fishing I asked her if they caught any fish and she told me that Guy had "caught a fish, but he pulled too hard and yanked the hook out of it's mouth." Too bad we didn't get to see it huh? When I asked Guy how it went he said that within the first hour Maddie got so good at casting (she's been practicing in the front yard) that she cast the whole fishing pole right out of the boat. I'm glad I wasn't there for that meltdown. Maycee told Maddie she could borrow her fishing pole next time since hers was in the lake, but if she "threw it in the lake too" she would have to buy her a new one. That didn't make Maddie very happy since she "didn't THROW it in the lake." Last weekend Guy took Maycee fishing and she pee'd all over the console in his truck while he was launching the boat because he couldn't get her to the bathroom fast enough. I bet next weekend Guy goes fishing alone. :)

Ashley's baby shower was next. We are getting closer and closer to meeting Baby Avery. I can't wait to be an Aunt again. She should be here around the end of November. Just in time for Christmas. The shower was at Lauren's house and everything was very nice.




These are the only two pictures I have on my camera. I took a whole bunch with Ashley's camera.

Last of the day was the birthday party Maycee had been talking about for two weeks. She told me it was "a boy party, but girls could go." There were several kids from her class there and she had a great time except for when Chuck E. Cheese came up from behind her and scared the crap out of her. He scared her so bad she spilled her drink everywhere. When it was time to go I told her to go and tell the birthday boy bye and thanks for inviting her. We found him playing air hockey with his Mom and Grandmother and Maycee not only told him bye and thanks, but she also hugged him and gave him a big ole kiss right on the lips. He kissed her right back. Thankfully, his Mom and Grandmother were laughing hysterically because it would have been very uncomfortable for me if they hadn't seen the humor in it. Everyone else thought is was funny also, except Guy. He doesn't think it's one tiny bit funny.

Today Maddie was out of school for a teacher workday. I hoped we would all get to sleep in, but Maycee was up at 7:15 as usual.

Kaleigh took the girls to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. They said it was very funny. Kaleigh stopped at the 7-11 to buy them candy and a drink and told them she would get them popcorn at the theater. She told them not to tell the people that she had candy and drinks in her purse because you're not really supposed to bring it in. Well they didn't actually come right out and tell anyone, but when they were paying for the popcorn Maycee said "Hey K, do you think we need some of these straws for our drinks in your purse?" Oops, busted. Kaleigh said the employee didn't say anything to her, but I think she was pretty embarressed.

I would have had lots of time to myself except I forgot to get my key off my keyring when we traded cars. Oh well, thankfully Guy was nice enough to meet me and give me his key and I still had enough time to get Maddie's closet all switched over to mostly fall and winter clothes. Maycee's will just have to wait for another day. It's not like we can wear fall clothes yet anyway. It's just wishful thinking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...