Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Wedding and a Loooong Car Trip

Our trip started off about 11 am. We left our house headed to my cousin Jarrod's wedding. We arrived there early, I think it only took 4.5 hours to get there. We ran to Walmart for something very important, so important that I can't remember what it was, but I do remember that Guy bought some fishing bait and I bought some static spray because my dress was sticking to me from the long car ride. Next we headed to the church and found a nice grassy area to let the girls run around. They played tag for a while and we got the car straightened up. Next we dressed them for the wedding in the parking lot. I know, it was strange, but we didn't have many options.

The wedding was great. I had never met Jarrod's wife, but she seemed very sweet when I met her at the reception. We also got to visit with lots of family we haven't seen in a while. This was my Mom's family the last wedding we went to was my Dad's family.

Jarrod and Lauren

p>

L to R: Aunt Debbie, Aunt Kathy, Me and GranGran


KayKay and Maycee


GranDaddy and Gran Gran

Kaleigh and Adam


Wedding Cake . Very Pretty.

Groom's Cake. Maycee was very, very upset that we didn't get to eat either of these cakes. It is really funny because she doesn't really like sweets. She always wants them, but only takes a few bites. She cried when we left because we didn't wait for the cake and she talked about it off and on all the way to Florida.


Maddie and Grandaddy


Maddie and Kennedi



Addison

Gran Gran, Maddie and Maycee

First Dance of Mr. and Mrs. Comte

Mother Son Dance


And then the girls got their chance to dance. They really love dancing.

At about 9:30 we decided it was time to get going. We had enjoyed a great night of family, fun and great food. When we left College Station it was my turn to drive and we explained to the girls that we were gonna drive all night. Maycee was a little concerned that we were spending the night in the car, but they fell asleep very quickly and slept until well into the morning. We were very lucky that they slept so long. They actually did great in the car except the last 2 hours or so.

Finally, we were there. We saw this sign and everyone was suddenly in a much better mood. :)




2 comments:

Tina said...

Loved the pics....

~Hugs

Mom

mickie said...

Wow what a long drive! Glad yall made it and they did so well. The wedding pics were beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...